Friday, February 6, 2009

I want a baby too, but not 14 of them!!!!!

I know Sarah has already mentioned this story, but I think about it almost everyday. Most of us know that I want a baby someday....sooner rather than later. By reading about this woman and ALL of her children, I get a little disgusted and upset. Please don't judge me about it, it is my opinion and a rather touchy subject for me.



Here is some info I found about her.....




She struggled with depression for years and had a childhood dream of having a huge family. She wants to hold them and spend time with them. She doesn't work, but says she can provide for them. She mentioned when she finishes her schooling she will be able to provide for them much better. She will go back to get her Master's degree in Counseling this fall. She said that maybe for "couples" it is more acceptable to society to have this many children, but not if a single parent does. She is not accepting help from outside sources other than family, friends and her church. The same "donor" for all 14 children, but he is not in the picture right now, she hopes he will come around. He is overwhelmed by this.


There will be a story on the Today Show Monday morning and also Tuesday night on Dateline. We will get to see all the new babies and the other children as well.


I just don't understand the whole concept of having 8 more children when you already have 6. I know there are John and Kate and there are the Duggers. I love them all dearly, but I myself think they all can provide more for their children than the current mom we are discussing. Or we might just see them on TV and believe this. I honestly don't know how she is going to do it. My whole childhood I dreamed of having kids, sometimes you don't always get what you want, unless you are this particular woman, the doctors are going to give her however many children she desires. I think I also heard that all of her children were invitro. I would love to try that, but I don't have an extra $25,000-$100,000 laying around anywhere.


I don't know what else to write about this topic right now. It frustrates me too much. I'm sorry to vent so much, it has just been on my chest all week.


Please let me know what you think. And if you can pray for my husband and me. We would love children someday and don't know for sure if we can. I know some of you know this and others may read this and I don't even know you, but this kind of thing can happen to anyone. Thank you all very much.

5 comments:

Sarah D said...

Oh Amber,

I can see why this story frustrates you so. It really is not fair at all. I just know that it will happen for you.

I do wonder if the fame the Duggar's and Jon and Kate have make having multiples seem a little more glam than it probably is. There are only so many reality shows to go around.

Wishing hard for good things for you:)

Miss Ashley said...

Amber,
I totally agree. I think it is crazy for that many kids with that life style... It is almost impossible for it to work out good for all of those kids...

I agree with Sarah, it will work out of you and Jas when it is time.

I love you and miss you lots... SEE you in JUNE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your time will come . . . patience. Good things come to those who wait. Relax, the more you worry about it the less likely it will happen.
I believe we had this same discussion a few years ago over a different problem, and it all worked out just fine.
Love, Brad

Bridget said...

I know i dont know you and found your blog via must love tots, but I agree with you over this 8 more babies story. You have to ask yourself what the dr. was thinking. I heard now that she has started a wedsite asking for donations. I am not sure if that is at all true but I did hear it.

I have friends that are tryn to have a baby too and arent having much luck so I will pray for you too along with them.

hncfarley said...

Well it is simply Bullshit! Ridiculous nonsense, she belongs in counseling along with the so called "Dr" that took an oath to provide appropriate care for his patients, what about the babies?
Wish I had more encouragement for your fertility struggles. We at first had struggles, have you read the book, "Taking charge of your fertility" by Amy Wecshler (sp?)
Sending up some prayers.