Saturday, December 5, 2009
Baby Owl's Siblings
I forgot to post the pictures of the other two baby owls that were found in our bushes after the big limb fell down. I think I mentioned it on facebook a long time ago. If not, the story is....my neighbor(Sheri, she is awesome), heard some noises one night, then the next day found these two baby owls in the bushes in our front landscaping. She got ahold of Douglas Hart, then the Raptor Center in Decatur. They came and rescued all three babies. Hopefully they were able to have a surrogate owl mother for the babies. The Raptor Center people told us that it was very rare for these owls to be in town, that is it possible that there are only 10 known species in Illinois. We figured the mama owl would leave since her babies were gone, but nope, Jason and I hear her often and just saw her the other night around 6 pm when we got home. Still very cool to see a barn owl flying around in town. I know the babies are not too cute, but still such an experience to witness seeing them and have them living in our trees.(Well they were living in Sheri's tree, which has since been torn down) The mama owl is still in the trees that hangs over Jason and my car. And yes, we do find owl droppings A LOT.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Uh, those kind of scare me.
Post a Comment